I was brainstorming chocolate raspberry ideas and love the taste of almond butter and preserves together (before going paleo I would eat almond butter and jelly sandwiches. I feel much better not eating them, but I miss that combination). I picked up some low-sugar organic raspberry preserves and created these cups (inspired by peanut butter cups). They turned out fantastic! They are not too difficult to make either. These store well in the freezer.
2 bars of 85% or darker dark chocolate. I used Green & Black’s organic…3.5 oz bars (2 of them)
1/2 cup of coconut oil
3/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra to sprinkle on top
Almond butter (I used Trader Joe’s crunchy unsalted)
Low sugar raspberry preserves (extra points for homemade)
1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of sea salt
1. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
2. In a small saucepan melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt, and 3/4 cup of the shredded coconut.
3. Using a spoon spoon a small amount of melted mixture into each of the cupcake liners (about 1/2 inch).
4. Put the tray into the freezer for about 15 minutes and then remove it.
5. Spoon about 1/2- 3/4 tsp of raspberry preserves on top of each one.
6. Spoon about 1/2 – 3/4 tsp of almond butter on top of the jelly.
7. Spoon the remaining chocolate mixture on top of each one, and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top. Immediately stick the batch back in the freezer before the coconut sinks in!
8. Wait about 15 more minutes and they are ready to remove from cupcake liners and place on a plate. Store in the freezer, especially in the summertime as they melt easily.