Per reader request, I “paleo-ized” a traditional tuna noodle casserole with zoodles and a dairy free sauce. It came out thick, creamy, and flavorful!
I used Wild Planet brand tuna:
(2) cans of Wild Planet tuna fish
(2) zucchini’s made into zoodles with a vegetable spiralizer
(1) small onion chopped
(3) cloves of garlic finely minsed
(1) celery stalk chopped
(3) TBS ghee divided
(1) TBS arrowroot powder
(1 1/2) cups of almond milk or (1) can of full-fat coconut milk
pink salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Oven to 350 degrees
(1) Make the zoodles out of the zucchini with a vegetable spiralizer:
(2) Saute onion, garlic, and celery in 1 TBS ghee, pink salt, and fresh cracked pepper until veggies are golden:
(3) Make a roux by mixing (2) TBS ghee with (1) TBS arrowroot over med low heat until thick and bubbly. Add pink salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in almond milk or coconut milk until thick and bubbly.
(4) Mash the tuna with a fork and mix it in with the veggies and zoodles. Put tuna mix into a casserole dish. Pour the Roux over and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.