This soup is perfect for cold Upstate NY winters, with -10 degrees the last couple of days. Creamy soup warms the bones and this creamy soup is dairy free! I found these beautiful golden beets and thought they would add a unique flavor. The taste was amazing, and beets are great for detoxing the liver and thinning the bile, so fats are better digested. Better digested fats=more nutrients=healthy hormones=happy person! Win win! This soup is also autoimmune friendly for those cutting out dairy, nightshades, nuts, and seeds.
Look at these beauties!
This soup is soup-er easy to make :p
(1) TBS solid cooking fat (ghee, coconut oil, or bacon fat)
(2) leeks rinsed well and chopped
(3-4) cloves of garlic minced
(4) cups of chicken bone broth (chicken feet broth adds the most amazing flavor)
(1) can of full fat coconut milk. I prefer Native Forest brand as it has the thickest layer of fat on time which makes for a very creamy soup)
(1) golden beet peeled and chopped
(1) head cauliflower chopped
Pink salt and white pepper to taste (don’t use white pepper if following an Autoimmune Protocol)
1. Heat cooking fat over medium high and saute the garlic and leeks until soft and fragrant.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 30-45 min or until beets are tender.
3. Puree (I used my Ninja blender).
4. If you so desire, add chopped bacon to your bowl.